Are you preparing for Presenting at a conference for the first time 5 must things to do when you are the right place. In this article, we will discuss all tips and tricks to Present at a conference for the first time.
Presenting at a conference for the first time 5 must things to do
Presenting in front of an audience is a very difficult task for anyone. it does not matter how experienced presenter you are as a student or professor or a good speaker.
All presenters have stage fear to face the audience for the first time. But nothing to worry we will discuss all the aspects in this article only.
I believe that you have prepared your slides well and remembered the presentation structure.
You can check enough articles, guides on the internet to make a great presentation slide for your conference. If not comment below or email us, will make a complete tutorial and guide you step by step.
Any presenter must follow a presentation structure to make the presentation impressive and communicate your ideas effectively.
In the case for academic presentations during the conference most, the people sitting in the audience do not concentrate towards the presentation.
In such case, you will get demotivated and feel nobody is interested in watching you. So what is the solution?
- Tips-1: Make your presentation interesting with a great opening of your presentation.
- Tips-2: Make a good slide with animated images and objects if possible.
- Tips-3: Make your presentation according to structure and follow a schedule like
Follow this Presentation structure
- Purpose of this study
- The procedure for getting the results
- What limitation of this study
- Future prospective
- References and
- Final conclusions and question and answer.
It will not look good if you miss any of the above points is in the presentation. Make sure that the content inside the slide is clearly visible. Does not copy all the paragraph form your research paper and paste it.
Follow the 10-20-30 Rule for PowerPoint
Guy Kawasaki framed his 10-20-30 Rule for PowerPoint as:
- 10 slides are the optimal number of slides to use for a presentation.
- 20 minutes is the longest amount of time you should speak during the presentation.
- 30 point font is the smallest font size you should use on your slides while making slides for presentation.
What to wear to an academic conference
An academic conference is a place where most of the participants are from the academic background like graduate students, scholars, professors etc. It’s always recommended to wear formal dress and look professional.
- Avoid any fancy looking tops, party wear dress, and clothes.
- Must not wear any sports shoes, Round neck t-shirts, and jeans.
- Must not wear any fancy looking watches and lots of any kind of ornaments.
- Do not wear any sunglasses while presenting.
Best way to start a presentation
If you are presenting any paper for the first time then the best option to make yourself comfortable is to start with sweat and small smile towards the session chair and audiences and greet with “Good morning all” or “Good afternoon everyone” or “Good evening” according to the time.
You can start with a “Thank you to the organizers and sponsors for providing an opportunity for presenting my paper at this conference.”
Must read: How to write research paper for conference
Sample introduction speech for presentation
You can say ”Ladies and gentlemen, Good morning, I am Mr. John White currently perusing my masters from the United States University of technology. I am here to present my research paper “ ddfsdfsf fsdfsdf dffsfdsdf dfsdf”. I would like to thank the organizer and all the sponsors to provide me with an opportunity to present my paper.”
Also read: 11 Tips for presenting at a conference
Thank you for listening to my presentation
This an important part during the presentation to say thank you for “Thank you for listening to my presentation”. Most presenters do not do this due to various reasons.
But this creates an impact on your presentation to thank everyone for listening to you.
We hope that you got all the information about the Presenting at a conference for the first time 5 must things to do.
Comment below what was your experience when you have presented your paper in the first time at any conference or if you require any help form us..