If you are planning to travel abroad to attain any conference or event then you might require a conference visa. Here we will discuss the 5 things you must know before applying for a Conference visa.
5 things you must know before applying for a Conference visa.
We will discuss today
- What is a conference visa and how it’s different from other visas?
- Who can apply and get the conference visa?
- Procedure to get the conference visa?
- Where to apply and documents required to get the conference visa?
- What to do if the visa application gets canceled?
What is a conference visa and how it’s different from other visas?
Conference visa can be issued to a foreigner in he/she wants to attain any International/national conferences at any country other than his own.
The sole purpose of this visa is to attain any conference/seminar or workshop being organized.
The conference visa can be issued if any of the following is organizing a conference/seminar/workshop.
- Ministry or Department of Government
- State Governments
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Central Educational Institutions
- Public Funded University
- An organization owned and controlled by the Government or State Government
- UN and its specialized agencies
- Reputed NGO’s
- Private Companies.
If you are planning to attain any conference/seminar/workshop than you must check the organizer’s status that must have at least one of the above registration status.
It’s different from other visas because it’s can only obtain if you want to visit the country to participate in the upcoming conference/seminars or workshops, not for any business, tourism or employment purpose.
Must read: How to find academic conferences
Who can apply and get the conference visa?
Now let us understand who can apply for the conference visa. If you have a valid passport and have an invitation to attain for any conference/seminar in other countries then you are eligible to apply with valid documents.
People who visit to attain any business or academic conferences must get the conference visa.
All academician, professors, students, lectures, research scholars, master/bachelor/postgraduate students, executives of companies and organizations can apply for the conference visa.
Must read: How to write research paper for conference
You can also apply for it, If you are going with your group to present any conference paper or as a listener for any conference/seminar being organized in other countries.
You can apply at multi countries conference visa sequentially if you are planning for travel to multiple countries for conferences and seminars.
Procedure to get the conference visa
If you planning to get the visa then you need to follow these steps.
- Search the appropriate conference for you and apply for it.
- Complete the registration process according to the procedure.
- Request the Visa invitation letter from the organizer.
- Apply to you the embassy of the respected countries through online or offline.
- Get the acknowledgment and visa approval.
Documents required to get the conference visa
The following document is required to get the visa
- Original Passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Recent Passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of passport.
- Online Filled form.
- Letter of Invitation from the Organizer(Visa Invitation letter)
- Proof of Residential Address.
- Logistic details like Hotel booking for a stay, Air tickets etc.
What to do if the visa application gets canceled?
This is the most common questions by most of the people applying for the conference visa. Let’s understand what to do.
Before applying to conference visa make sure all the documents are original and appropriate.
Do not submit any fake invitation letter or produce any misleading information to the authority.
In case if your visa application gets canceled you can contact the organizer to reschedule your participation to some other place and date.
You can also consider the option of a visit visa because some of the counties now issue the visitor business visa to attain the conference. You need to check the details form the respective embassy website or contact their consulate present in your country.
So this is all about the 5 things you must know before applying for a Conference visa.