Imperial college London has a reputation as world’s leading institution for excellent research. It has strong connections with may countries in Americas. Imperial College London is pleased to announce the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM for the 2021/22 academic year.
This scholarship will help the under-representation of women in STEM. The program is looking for woman form the STEM back ground who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
In partnership with the British Council, Imperial College London is offering six fully funded scholarships for female students studying on an eligible programme from one of the countries listed in the Eligibility section.
Eligibility to apply
- be a passport holder and permanent resident of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru or Venezuela
- be available to commence your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- have received an offer to study for one of the eligible programmes by 12 PM GMT on Friday 19 March 2021
- Have completed your undergraduate degree or have all components of an undergraduate degree to date that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at Imperial College London by the time you submit your application
- Meet the English language requirement for your programme or pass the Pre-Sessional English Programme at Imperial College London
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- Return to the country of your citizenship for a minimum of two years after your course/scholarship has finished
- Demonstrate a case for financial need
- You must demionstrate interest in the programme that you are applying for and that you are active in your chosen field
- Demonstrate that you are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from Imperial College London and returning your home country
- In your application, you must demonstrate that you plan to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- Agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your study in the UK will take up no more than five hours per term.
What is included in the scholarship?
- Each scholarship covers full tuition fees, a monthly stipend for a year and a return flight. It also covers other related costs including the IELTS exam fee, visa application, NHS surcharge and study materials.
- Additional funding is available if scholars have caring responsibilities.
How many scholarships are available?
There are six British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM available in total.
How to Apply?
You can apply online by clicking here. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 2pm (GMT) on Friday 19 March 2021.
Please note, that you must have applied to Imperial College London before applying for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM. That you must be holding an offer from Admissions by 2 pm (GMT) on Friday 19 March 2021 to be considered for a Scholarship.